Three stages of the casting process for this one part mold.

I set the modified alter into a box made with walls of Legos covered in packing tape. Legos are more accurate than scored foam core for molding and also completely reusable!

I filled in the extra space with a cut up failed silicone mold. Silicone sticks to itself so there is no chance of it coming apart. Turn failure into success with Silicone!

Pour the liquid silicone and have enough left over for another (already prepped) mold. Always think economically.

Pop out the original. Doink! A new silicone mold! (The actual photo was taken after using this mold 12 times.)

After a resin pour and about twenty minutes a new resin arch is born!

I painted a bunch of these!

These free standing pedestals where made from chess pieces and lots of other things!

I was able to conserve space by making them four at a time in one mold.

Using the secret technique, known only as a diamond cut, I cut into the mold. The diamond cut leaves almost no seem line and the mold perfectly registered. (I sold my soul to a Frenchman for Italian food and this information.)

These thinner pieces where cast in a flexible resin which, when cast, I sprayed with white primer resulting in a translucent effect!

The inside of another mold after 20 casts.

The foam core on the sides keep the mold walls intact without warping. If you tape one end like a book you only need one rubber band to hold the mold closed!

So many tiny bits!

My mold library! Its so small!

Up Next:

Sculpture: Designer Toy for 10XTiger